Saw the surgeon yesterday, for the first time after my MRI/X-Rays. He told me he was a black and white doctor and I wasn't a black and white patient. Then told me he couldn't do anything for me.
Now, I have been dealing with DDD for years with sciatica in both legs every now and then. Five months ago I woke up with the back of a bull rider. I haven't had one day without 10+ pain. Yes, I am on pain meds but refuse to let them rule my life.
Surgeon's first statement was "I am a surgeon, what do you want me to do?" "Fix me."
MRI results (that he didn't know I had) are as follows:
1. Right Paracentral disc protrusion at T12-L1 without nerve root compromise
2. L1-L2 degenerative disc disease with a mild broad-based disc bulge not compromising the nerve structures.
3. L1-L2 disc space is narrowed. Disc material is impinging upon the inferior foramina without compromising the exiting nerve root
4. Facet arthrosis at L2-L3, L3-L4 and L4-L5 without canal or foraminal compromise
5. L4-L5 and L2-L3 there are small far left lateral annual tear
6. Mild lumbar dextroscoliosis is present
7. Bilateral renal cysts
Now, I am not a doctor, don't play one online or TV but it looks like something is wrong and the pain is debilitating. I am a Warrior in pink, been to hell and back but this is just too much to handle. If I have to live this way, for the rest of my life, I don't think I can do it and I don't know what to do...
I did call my insurance this am to see if I could get a second opinion and was told there aren't that many Dr's that take Medicare (disability) and that I was probably a risky case. Okay and ???
Thank you for listening or reading.
(I do try to see a lighter side on the pages of our lives but it's getting really heavy to carry)