Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

checking in & update (sort of)

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I am checking in with my spiney friends. I have been staying off the boards since sitting & typing really is getting painful.

I have been waiting several months to get a scs trial started. The first step is to inject (TFESI) T4 & T5 & T6 right & left. I am finally approved :) if this works hopefully I will be scheduling a Dorsal Colmumn Stimulator Trial- Early this Spring :)

Bad news is my neck is really bugging me again and has been for 2 -3 months. My hands and arms are hurting really bad from nerve pain and the headaches are back :( I started back on Topomax this week hoping that will nip it in the butt.

For those that don't know me I am a double fusion (lumbar first then cervical) T-boned 2 months after the cervical fusion. I am herniated from T4-L1 Basically every level with T6 being the worse looking. However we think the worst pain generator is above it (nipple level). I think you can click on my name to read my bio.

Yeah. Steroids make me a physco so this should be fun :)

• Julie - sorry to hear you are still struggling. I hope the scs trial goes well and you are able to find some much-needed relief. I think the last time I checked in here, your doctor had talked about possible fusion? I am guessing that is off of the table now?
  • Hey Julie,

I know how horrible thoracic pain can be, add in the rest and its damn right unbearable. I think I had told u about that TMED surgury that I have scheduled for July in thoracic. I am probably gonna cancel due to cervical/lumbar getting so much worse than thoracic ( actually feels alright now). The doctor I saw is a heavy hitter in thoracic and says he does all the time, but in Chicago. He does fusions there as well. If you ever want a second opinion to possibly try min. invasive first ( if that is option ) PM me and I will give you his contact info. I even have his email, which I was able to talk to him about things before appointment. Just in case and good luck.
    Herniated T6-7, multiple herniations in cervical, tears in T5-T8. Stenois at levels and smorls nodes from thoracic thru lumbar