Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C-Spine epidural injection. When will it work?????

Krisinda38KKrisinda38 Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Spinal Injections
Hello Everyone. Was looking for some input. Friday, (5 days ago) I had my first ever C-Spine epidural steroid injection. The procedure was less than pleasant, as he kept hitting a vertebrae which he said he was using as a guide, to avoid hitting the spinal cord itself. SAt. the pain was about 30% better but that only lasted about 24 hours??? Now the pain is back with a vengence.. Is this normal from other experiences?? Is another injection even worth it?? Any advice or personal experiences would be appreciated..THANKS :(

• May as well delete account. 2nd post that I basically had a zero response rate. Thanks for all the help.
  • I have jsut recently had 2 ESI's and have been wondering the same thing...get a little relief, then bam...major pain. I don't have the anser for you....just thought I would let you know you are not alone. I am doing a cycle of 3 in 3 weeks....putting all my eggs into this basket, hoping it helps me get better. FYI, I am lumbar, but I figured hearing anything is better thatn nothing...do you have the same kind of pain or different..I have hd some different symptoms....very frustrating, as I think this on on this past Monday def. hit the nerve becasue my leg feels like I have electricity running through it...I have some new pains, but nothing really bad...PM doc is keeping me on meds...says Im nowhere ready to be coming off of them...which I didnt know...I thought I would get the shots, and be home free...guess that's not the plan. I wish you will, hang in there and try the chat room. I am very new and I just went in and said hi...I got a tremendous response from people and it has helped so much.
    3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012
  • I have had about 9 sets of these and the results varied.
    Always some relief, but the length of this was always different.
    There is an anaesthetic included, so that probably accounts for the initial pain relief.
    If these injections don't work, and I understand that they work on inflammation only, then you need to look elsewhere.
    If, for instance, your back muscles are tight and knotted, they will be pulling down your neck muscles, and also your scalp possibly.
    This strong pressure on the spine can then cause problems in the many joints.
    So you need to have both aspects looked at.
    In my case, it was the back muscles causing my headaches and neck aches.
    Because this wasn't being addressed by the injections, the problem persisted.
    My first breakthrough was remedial massage. the problem was unmasked and treatment began.
    This was very good, but didn't cure me.
    This came later with a magnesium supplement.
    So simple yet so effective.
    You need to have all of these components, hard and soft, looked at.It's quite a complicated relationship!
    This site is run by volunteers who just offer their time and expertise as and when they can manage.
    Personally I look in only every few days, depending on how I feel and what I can offer. Computer usage is very bad for us with back and neck problems, so we aren't always ready and able to help.