Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The Pucker Factor

airborne72airborne72 Posts: 245
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Depression and Coping

I wanted to post this under several topic headings but I could not figure out how to do it. The reason was because I wanted as many Forum members as possible to read my post.

Ron posted the other day that as the moderator he can't possibly read all the posts so he uses the subject line as a guide to determine which to read. Therefore, I thought that this one might get his attention. All of us have experienced situations that caused us to feel fearful and that is what I refer to as the pucker factor - when in fear the human body contracts the anus, so now you know the meaning.

Some of you may know that I am a cancer survivor (typing that causes some emotion in me). I am still within that 5 year window. Last week I had blood drawn for analysis. On Friday of this week I will have it analyzed. My pucker factor is 10 about this. I am also in the "gray area" about a possible pseudarthrosis on a L4-S1 TLIF, so my pucker factor about this is also at a 10.

My point of this post is not to seek sympathy or empathy, but rather to underscore what Ron recently said about remaining positive in our circumstances, as best we can. I underwent U.S. Army Ranger training in 1972 and I distinctly remember that the "n" in Ranger means never quit!

Yes, we all have dark moments and for the next 36 hours I am fearful, but we can't quit. Our spirit overcomes so much negativity in our lives, if we let it. Our collective spirit is even more powerful.

For those of you have any "extra" mojo, send it my way.

• careful now I just sent powerful stuff your way. I think it hit you right in the gut. Did you feel it? I hope it put a smile on your face. Be prepared because Im sure people here are going to be sending it from all sides soon. Good Luck to you.
  • Best of luck and hope blood test comes back clean.

You lost me on the pucker factor,

Only pucker factor i know of is when people pucker up and kissing ass to people around them to get something usualy,

Or person pucker up to kiss boss ass,

Best of luck,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Finally, after a few days delay, I got to review my blood work with my urologist today. I remain cancer free.

But then he asked me if I knew how to self-catheterize. With a moments hesitation I said no - why? He said that I may have to if I once again begin to develop scar tissue in my urinary tract.

Guess you can't win them all, but I'll take this outcome.

Thanks for the extra mojo. It worked.