Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally an answer but more questions

chattiecchattie Posts: 37
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Ok so I haven't been on here for ages because I got fed up with having no answers from my doctors but today after a year of looking I have answers

I have had xrays, mri, ct scans and seen a lot of doctors all told me it was in my head but finally went for my last appointment today and saw a new doctor who told me he regrets to tell me but there is nothing they can do they have exhausted all avenues

So In tears I'm driving home and I get a call on my phone from the doctor
"I'm soo sorry but your mri report said that there was nothing wrong but I felt so bad for you I read over it, you have a pinched nerve at c5 which explains all your symptoms" So I'm ecstatic finally an answer but all he could say was I would hear from the orthopedic surgeon can anyone tell me more about what this mean and what I'm looking at treatment wise??

Thanks in advance

• Pinched nerve can be from the disc, If dr feels pt could resolve it he might prescribe pt as its usualy textbook, If that dont help posible injections or if its severe posible surgery to remove part of the disc thats causing pressure on the nerve,

Worse case removing the total disc and fusion, Best of luck,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Wow!! Not everything shows up clearly on MRIs! Glad he caught that. What is the plan now?
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • I'm not sure of the plan from here to be honest I heard the diagnosis over the phone lol so all he said was wait to hear from the orthopedic surgeon and will take it from there I've been going to physio for a year now and no longer qualify for a subsidy so its between 75-85 dollars a session so I'm not sure what he plans to do, I am also receiving further xrays etc to look at my upper spine between my shoulder blades and they feel there may be more damage that they missed
  • Hi Chattie :H ,

Good to hear that doc DID find a source of pain. I am wondering why he is not sending you to a neurologist? From what I understand, they deal with the nerves. I began my "pain game" in 2006 by going to pain intervention/management physicians, to neurlolgists and then to neurosurgeon. I know all doc practice their own ways. Just curious what the thinking is here? :? Just gets hard to know which way to go sometimes and looking for a little input. My treatment is at a plateu right now with just pain management. Last procedure was 2 level ADCF (pls see my story) in 2009. No more surgeries right now. Good luck. Hope you get some relief soon.

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.
  • Post Deleted. Excessive and Deliberate and Intentionally and Obnoxious Spam

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 02/13/12