Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had 4 level cervical disc surgery...hand still tingly..when will go away

sdfireflyssdfirefly Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am about 3 1/2 weeks after surgery and my hand that was tingly before surgery isnt any better some days it feels really light but then others feel like I have been holding a jackhammer. My pain wasnt bad before but now just need advil occasionally. Any words of wisdom appreciated.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hi sdfirefly,
    A little more than 5 years ago I underwent a 3 level cervical fusion. I still have tingling and numbness of my left hand I had prior to surgery. Over time some people will see the symptoms disappear. It most likely depends on how much nerve damage you have and also how long the problem existed prior to surgery. For me it is a permanent issue and I see it as minor as to what is on the horizon for me.
    Take care & I wish you well,
  • They told me it wasnt permanent when I had a nerve test so I am hopeful that will go away. They told me when I asked about it that it is the last symptom to go away. At the end of Nov I had tingly and pain in my arm thats what started this journey. Near the end I had no pain but tingliness continued. Jan 21 I had the surgery. I am off 6 weeks from work so I am about at the half way point. I still have the swallowing issue and also hoping that goes away.

Thanks for your response.