Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still not smoking!

nmacnnmac Posts: 113
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Stop Smoking
Quit December 25, 2011. Have some cravings after dinner but have been able to resist. How are all the ex smokers doing?
Nancy
Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.
advertisement

Comments

• hi; and congrats, and keep up the good job.
    I quit Sept. 28 so i'm 3 months ahead of you. And it does eventually get easier.
    But i still have urges every once in a while. Just have never given in to them.

So i think this puts me at day 138.

Hopefully no one is going out for sneaks.(sheryl). lol.

I smoked for like 38 years, then took chantix for 5 days. Then put the chantix away and finished quitting cold turkey.

So it can be done, and i hope the best for you and everyone else who is quitting or those who are thinking about quitting.
  • DevonshireDDevonshire Posts: 1
    edited 08/28/2012 - 2:14 AM
    Smoking most affects the entire human body and when it is put under stress and in this case with a toxic concoction such as carbon monoxide, cyanide, tar, formaldehyde and other chemicals and the brain diverts vitamins away from human skin to be most used elsewhere.
  • Yes congratulation and keep doing it.
  • Hello,
    You are doing great i am happy for you..
    Good luck..
  • Had 3 cigs or less everyday for 3 weeks after sept surgery. Switched over to the e-cig. Snuck my last drag at a halloween party. Since then moved from high, to medium, and now on lowest nicotine level. In a month or 2 hopefully switch to zero nicotine.

Its not cold turkey but it works for me!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!
  • congratulations.so glad to know that you quite smoking.keep it on.
  • I quit on 24th of January 2011 so it's been quite a while now. I haven't smoked since then although I still get some random urges for nicotine after dinner or when staying with friends who smoke. Apart from that, it's all okay for me. I have noticed significant increase in my breathing capability when swimming and I can definitely resist longer underwater now. Hoping everyone gets to be like this, if not better!
  • I stopped smoking a few months ago. I am very happy with my decision!
  • That's great. I am happy for you. Quitting smoking does have side effects but these effects are not long lasting. Smoking has very malefic effect on body, it leads to various types of cancer. So, one should quit this habit.
  • i am so jealous of you guys. Been smoking for 6 years now, I want to stop it, but don’t know where to start.
    "When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten."
advertisement