Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1st my back now my neck

kan315kkan315 Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
i am new to this forum but not to the pain associated w/ back surgeries...i am 3 yrs out from a back fusion on the L4L5 ...still have nerve damage that sometimes is managable other times not so managable...since nov 2011 i have developed newer symtoms ...along w/ my right leg feeling like it did b/f all the surgeries and having inflamation at the surgical site i now have numbing in both my hands and now the left leg is doing the numbing thing...saw my surgeon and had a full spinal mri done 3 wks ago and yesterday just a cervical mri done...he thinks its my neck (C5 C6) while i do agree it could be my neck i also think my back issues are rearing again...is it possible that all the back surgeries and the fusion has left my back weaken that it has effected the neck? somedays i feel like i cannot hold my self up...i see my surgeon for a follow up in a week...what can anyone tell me about having similar symptoms...i am getting frustrated w/ self diagnoising myself ..

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I hear you on how things change and now different symptoms.
    I have not had surgery...but my fentnly patch helping my pain better with longer periods between breakthrough pain. Now I am experiencing numbing and pain in my hands. It doesn't seem to matter the activity...just comes and goes.

Doc told me that now that part of my pain more controlled... other pain will be more apparent. Like you have headache and some one hits your toe with hammer ..to make toe worse and headache in background :) Maybe carpel tunnel..maybe arthritis or whatever else with cervical.

I hear you with diagnosising self. Hopefully doc will figure out with next EMG. I don't care the cause except need cause to ease pain.

EMG was best test for doc to see things going on with spine..he found surprises to help with pain relief. I'm hoping for same for hands.

I wish you very best as you "go through it".Does seem like always something:)
    Let us know what you and doc learn and how you are doing!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History