Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Four days post MIS TLIF

cropdusterccropduster Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hey gang,
Well I am four days post MIS TLIF L5-S1. Am feeling pretty good. Only pain I have is near incisions. Have some soreness in my hips which I think is from walking. Prior to surgery have been bedridden for 2 months. Have walked more in the past 4 days than the past 2 months.

Day of surgery was a whirlwind. Got to hospital at 5:30. Went into surgery at 7 and was out by eleven. Felt great and had minimal pain when I woke up. Nerve pain was instantly gone. Day 2 was tough. I won't lie to you the pain was intense. Getting out of bed and walking was miserable but was glad I did it. Later that evening, after I had settled down and got ready for a night of sleep via my new friend the pain pump, they said they needed x-rays. That was a nightmare as I was not ready for all the movement that took place. Woke up Day three feeling a little better. Got up several times that day. Walked with the help of PT and a walker. Did that several times. Day 4, after breakfast was able to get up on my own and went on several walks. Sent me home around noon.

Am comfortable at home, am staying on top of meds and following all pre-cautions. I know I am not out of the woods yet, but feel 1000 times better. Will keep you updated as time passes.

Thanks for reading this post and good luck to everyone with surgery in the near future.

God Bless,
Sign In or Register to comment.