Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SI joint fusion

jlpel2jjlpel2 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
I have severe SI Joint pain. Have had 3 injections of cortisone in the past month with only a few days of relief. I am having to walk with a walker and canes to take weigh off left side due to pain. Only short term relief with pain meds. and muscle relaxers. Can't sit, stand, walk, or lay in bed with any relief of any kind. Was wondering if anyone has had the SI Joint Fusion and if any pain relief was given form surgery? Also how long is the recovery time.

• I had a fusion of my SI joint a few years ago, but for different reasons; Had a lot of trauma, had to get a fusion. But since my fusion my pain is excruciating(Had two screws put in). You just need to be careful with surgery, and try other things before. Surgery should be a last resort. My recovery time was long though, considering what I had gone through so it wasn't just because of the surgery that I had a long recovery time. I'm sure though, that it wouldn't be a quick recovery. You should do some research online/check with a doctor. If the cortisone shots didn't work, maybe there could be something else they can do. I myself have had some, and epidurals, and steroid shots also a diskogram and co-ablation of my disk. Hopefully something works for you, but get a few opinions before you do the surgery. Wish ya luck. :3
  • You need to be examined by an orthopaedic surgeon that specializes in back pain, specifically SI Pain. CT scans of the SI joints should be done, as well as an MRI. SI joints injections can also be helpful.
    You can refer to the web site: backpainclinic.com.
    Also, the Dr. will be available in the office tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb. 21st, if you would like to set up a time to speak with him..
    The office hours are 8:30-4:30, central time.
    The information is useful, and will help you with the pain you are having.
    Looking forward hearing from you.