Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Patience Anyone?

RassyRRassy Posts: 154
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Chronic Pain

A prison with no bars
An enemy with no arms
A foe that can't be fought
Nor with money can it be bought

A weapon without a shell
A Heaven and a Hell
A horse with none to ride her
A ship with none to guide her

Today's yesterday, yesterday's tomorrow
Tears of joy, tears of sorrow
A promise and a pain
A loss and a gain

Waiting and wondering
Succeeding and blundering
A poem without rhyme.........
So goes the passing of time.

I wrote this a few years ago while dealing with another of life's rough patches. Writing was my way for me to cope with my emotions and feelings at that time. Every now and then, I re-read it when I am wondering all of those things we with chronic pain ask ourselves: why, when will it go away, where do I go, what do I do, etc. Seems the human creature is one whom must have immediate answers or reasons for everything ... and that's not a bad thing. I read this to remind myself that the answers and reasons we seek DO take time and, Lord help us, we need to cling to that virtue, Patience, now more that ever. Not east, is it? I hope I have given some of you a little peace of mind ... if only for a few minutes. Stay strong all.

Rassy's Story
Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.

• Too many questions, so few answers.

We just need to realize we really control nothing, well perhaps we choose what to wear today, what to have for breakfast... But our control over what happens to us is insignificant.

That's one the most important lessons "this" has thought me.
This discussion has been closed.