Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi all

wonder6281wwonder6281 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in New Member Introductions
In 1989 i suffered a neck injury at work. I was off work for 1 month and decided that the pain while intermittent was bearable.

I have had several flare ups over the years but the last 6 months it become very regular.

I had a MRI last week which revealed forinmal narrowing at c4/5 and c5/6. My GP said reading the report it is not good and not bad.

I am scheduled to see a surgeon in another 3 months, so I am just at home waiting for that visit.

I am 50 this year and a firefighter in Australia. I think my career as a firefighter is over but I am wondering what other restrictions might my injury pose to prevent me from other employment. I really don't need to work if I am retired from firefighting as my pension is adequate. Just wondering if other employment would be out of the question given my condition.

Any advice is most welcome.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I am not familiar with surgery or for what might be your restrictions.
    But I did want to say hi and welcome!
    You may be able to find some answers to your questions with the "search" bar here on this site.

There is a lot of info and something may be of interest to you.

Someone else with better understanding of your condition may come around and be more encouraging to you. :)

It's not easy to have to wait to talk with the surgeon...but you'll probably feel better with the answers after that visit.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!
    Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. as with Savage i am not famaliar with your condition but did want to say hello as well!! please have a look around and make yourself at home! it is hard to tell at this time what will happen with your work but it may be that you just have to cut back a bit!! don't start worrying too much!! in the meantime, spend some time here when your days get to long..it is a great place to make new friends and gather information.. good luck on your upcoming doctor's visit..stop by anytime! Jenny :)