Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back pain has come back!

hisbeauty4asheshhisbeauty4ashes Posts: 182
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi friends it has been a little while since I have been on here. I am struggling a bit.

I had back fusion surgery in 2007 on L5 S1. I had bad leg pain in 2008 so my spine doc in California removed the rods only on the right side. Then I had pain still there and my spine doc retired and most all spine doc's were no longer int he area at the time only one then I moved. I had pain in my lower back that went to my left leg, I could not sit long lay down long everything was painful. so finally at the beginning of last year I had all the rods removed and the bracket thingy and it felt great I felt better then I had in several years. The three months ago the pain was back! Yup not the lower back pain is back when I lay down I cannot lay down for long, when I stand, or walk, or sit the pain is horrible. I feel burning down my left leg.

Has anyone had this happen to them? I am not understanding why i feel much better and then the pain comes back like that. YIKES!!

On top of all this I am dealing with the neck pain and arm pain etc. I am suppose to get a spinal stem test then like a dummy I missed my appointment and they have not called back to reschedule. I am now experiencing where my left arm and hand get cold and my left arm is warm. Yikes what up!?

• Hi, I'm not sure I can help as I've only had 2 micro-discectomies. But I started getting increased lower back pain about 6 months ago or so. I just recently went to get checked and they did another MRI. I have lots of scar tissue and my disc is still deteriorating. They said that I did such a good job protecting my back that now I have no range of motion. As a result, I have a lot of lower back pain.

I'm seeing a Physiatrist and going to specialized PT so they can try to get my muscles a bit relaxed.

Did you call a new doctor? Have you considered seeing a Physiatrist? Good luck.
  • Whoa. That's exactly what my doctor recommended I do, get the rods taken out. Still haven't yet. I'm sorry that your pain has increased since you've had your hardware removed. It's such an invasive procedure, and I'm sure you expected pain relief. Maybe since you've had them removed you've done activity that could have at the time not bothered you but over time ended up hurting you in the long run? I know once we all feel better, we go back to doing activities that we used to be able to do without even contemplating the consequences. On days when my back pain is feeling less, I tend to do strenuous activity without thinking and the pain just worsens. Maybe you need to get some diagnostic tests run on you, xrays, CT scans, MRI's, something like that. Just so people can get an accurate idea of what's happened since you had your hardware removed. Hope you begin to feel better soon, and take it easy.