Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Stenosis

smolenskissmolenski Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:00 AM in Spinal Stenosis
My husband had an injection of steroid cortisone on Tuesday and doctor told him he would have relief in a couple of days. It's now Friday and nothing is happening. Should we call the doctor and tell him shot isn't helping, or wait a couple of more days. georgianne
advertisement

Comments

• No, if it were going to help it would have by now. I had an epidural that did absolutely nothing. I have had many trigger point injections that sometimes help, sometimes do not. They are hit and miss.
  • Did they set up a folow up appointment after the injection? They usualy dont want to do another injections for a whle but in some cases it takes 3 injections for it to work,

My mom had 3 injections for her stenosis by my pain dr and pt and she recovered without surgery,

So i would think monday would be ok to call dr see if they want to do another 1 in a week or so posibly,

Good luck,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Had posterior/Anterior spinal fusion at L5-S1 in 2006. Worked great but it has caught up with me, I have a broad based bulge at L-4 pressing the spine with a cyst pressing from the other side causing spinal canal narrowing along with mild to severe stenosis. That's just the lower back I have simular issues in the neck. I am looking at traditional surgery any better ideas out there?
  • Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I had my operation 6 weeks ago. I am 62 and have in the past been very active but the last year I have been unable to exercise because of my back problems.
    I am now able to walk 3/4 mile and my symptoms have disappeared, I still have mild aching in my upper back when I have been standing for a length of time. I am in the UK and have been under the NHS; they have provided me with physio sessions which have been brilliant. I am no longer taking any pain killers. I am on the list at the local hospital for a series of 6 sessions of 'getting back to exercise after back surgery'. The reason I am telling everyone this is that before my surgery I was really petrified after having read so many comments from other people who had already had it done.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    Spinal injections can be very helpful in pain relief. Though there are so many that have ESIs and see no pain relief at all.

I am surprised that your husband's doctor didnt tell you to call back in a couple of days to report.

Normally it takes from 36 to 72 hours for an ESI to show its impact. I have had great success with some ESIs and none with others.

After you talk with the doctor, I am sure another plan will be put into place.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement