Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain in middle of back after standing for more than five mins.

Snow athleteSSnow athlete Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:00 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
The last two weeks I have had a lot of pain in the middle of my back not lower and not as high as the shoulder blades.
I think one of three things caused it.
1. I have M.E. and it's possible this is related, some people seem to get a lot of pain.
2. I have a one year old daughter and until I started getting pain I carried her a fair amount.
3. Three weeks ago I was sat on the floor and tried to lift myself onto the coffee table, but because of my M.E. I wasn't strong enough and fell short, thumping down on my bum and scrapping my back against the edge of the coffee table.

Which is most likely?
I think I am going to see my GP on Monday as I thought it would have got better by now. I worry that I might have damaged something, especially with scenario 3 above. Am I right to be worried?

Thanks
Joel
advertisement

Comments

• I'm in no way an expert, but it sounds like you may have injured something when you fell. I would talk to a doctor for sure. You don't want to take any chances with back injuries, as left untreated can sometimes become much worse.
  • Thanks for your advise.

I went to my GP yesterday. He said that it was probably just muscular and it can take months to heal. He gave me a sheet with some exercises to do.
    I havent started them yet, because today my back is even worse. As well as aching alot, it is very sore to the touch in the middle. Its proper sore.

• So its several weeks since i started the exercises and they havent helped. I stopped doing them about three weeks ago as they wernt helping and doing them was hard for me because i have ME.
    In fact my back is worse. It hurts more of the time and for longer and over more of my back.

I also now have tingling all over my back and neck, not constant, but frequent and its like having sand blasted at your skin. Its horrible. I guess its something to do with nerves. Anyone know?