Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I think I just did something bad

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Mine pain levels have been really elevated for the last 6-7 days severely so for the last 3 says. Today is by far the worst. I take plenty of medication but just recently switched my muscle relaxer (zanaflex to flexerile), I called my PM Friday to see of they could find me something else. I have to wait until Monday because the dr was gone for the day before the nurse checked the vm....

Anyway I would say my Thoracic pain has been fairly well conrtrolled with meds untill lately. Now I wake up and I hurt maybe a 5/6 w/meds and a 8/9 when the meds where off now. T 6/7/8 is on fire my back is going numb the nausea is back, my ribs are aching. But worse is when I bend over and then try to straighten my trunk I almost passed out in pain I would almost say a 10 and I never say that. My legs are like jello now. I almost want to go to the ER. I still might later.

I would hate to find out I am just being a baby and this is all my body just reacting to a change in muscle spasm meds...

Laying flat on my back Tens on with ice. Pain is coming down a little.

• I had my ESI this morning. I am happy to report it relived all of my symptoms in my upper back for a solid 2 hours. They are just now starting to come back a little.

Interesting my PM commented that one of my disc's was torn all to he!! he took a pciture of it and they were suppose to get me a copy but no one brought it to me. I knew t4/5 had a small bulge last fall and t5/6 had a bulge but my worse was supposed to be t6/7 (annular tear and leaking into the spinal canal)... I will see it at my next meeting I guess.

I am relievd that the blocks seemed to have worked :)