Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spine Fusion

IngridIIngrid Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have had 3 Lumbar Spine Fusions,L3/4 (revised 6 days later,because of a Screw right on the L3 Nerveroot,then an Infection after the second Surgery).Diagnosed with Adult Scoliosis.S1-L2 Fusion,S1/L5 revised 2 years later because of a herniation of L5,a Cervical Spine fusion at C5/C6 no problem.Continuous Pain after the Revision at L5/S1.Since 2 years ago almost unable to walk very far,cannot stand longer then 5 mins,unable to sit longer then 10 mins.Walking bent forward by 20 degrees,which is causing more pain.(To think,I used to walk straight and was very active makes me very sad now,I try not to think about it too often.,)
New MRI show further severe Degeneration from L1 to T8,which the old Surgeon does not want to touch for some time yet.New Surgeon suggests a fusion from S1 to T4 to straighten out the Spine and to ease the Pain.It will be a huge Surgery.
Has anyone had this kind of aggressive Surgery and was it successful?
I would appreciate all the input I can get!
Thank you so much! :)
Live each day to the fullest

• i can't comment on your health problems but you must be a very courageous person to go through what you have been through .i am 7 weeks post ALIF 2 level and don't feel too good myself .but you have been to hell and back .i am sure that there are people on here with more knowledge and experience that can give you some advice and support .there is a guy called bob in the forest but he is off line for the foreseeable future but he has had most of his spine fused and i am sure he could help when he gets back on line
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • :) Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging Words,Tony.I guess,just like you now,we all do whatever we need to do to get some relief, and unfortunately all Spinesurgery involves Pain,definitely before and afterwards too during the healing process.But when it goes on and on,you just have to try and do something else.That's why I would like to know,if anyone had this kind of Surgery and what their Outcome was.
    I hope,you will start to feel better soon,but it takes quite some time,before you will really feel 'well' again.Patience is a virtue,I know,but when you have that kind of Pain,you don't have any Patience.I know that only too well ,too! Hang in there,it'll get better!
    Live each day to the fullest