Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

TLIF T12-L1 13 months ago and still not fusing?

VgwillmVVgwillm Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone, new here and wish I found this site a long time ago.

Some back history....

MCA back in 2002 caused my T12-l1 disc to tear. The Dr's have done 6 epidural injects, 2 discogram procedures, 2 L.A.S.E procedures and my last one was a TLIF back in Jan 2011. Since then my pain has been worse with pain shooting down my leg leg and every 2-3 weeks my leg just gives out for a split second causing me to fall. With falling I have het my head on ground/ walls causing concussions. Dr. Is waiting to see the results from the last MRI and CT scan show, did the scans last week and see the Dr. next week to hear the results.

I currently take Norco, Flexerall, Valuim, Neurontin, Mobic. Only take them when needed but that is still every day and has been increasing lately.

The question for all of you is has anyone had the T12-L1 fusion done and if so how did yours take? Anyone else have to have the surgery redone? If the Dr. wants to do the surgery again what are the chances it will take this time since it is not working right now?

Sorry so long wish everyone a fast recovery.