Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mrs.coopmmrs.coop Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Matters of the Heart
Three years back I had preeclampsia that caused me to gain 90 lbs. Six months later I was diagnosed with multiple bulged disks and spinal stenosis. The steroid injections had undone any weight loss I had accomplished through breastfeeding. Pre pregnancy I was a size 6. Post pregnancy and spinal injections I was a size 16. Since then I have changed my diet and worked in as much exercise as I could and I've gotten myself down to a size 8. Loosing the weight has made flair ups recover so much quicker. Throughout the years it has taken me a year, 3 months, 1 month, and now I'm down to a week for recovery time. Last year my husband and I had decided that my body could not handle being pregnant and were advised not to by doctors. Now we are not so sure. I am so much healthier now. I'm only 25. He would like to try again but not until I am comfortable with that. Does anyone have experience with back pain during pregnancy? I don't want to have made all this head way just to have to start over again. I don't want to go back to how things were before. It's so scary but I do want to give my husband another child if I can. What are your thoughts? Obviously I will seek medical advice as well. It's just a hard decision to make when I know how bad things can get, how painful life can be. I want to be a good mother to our toddler otherwise I'd say yeah lets do it and I'll deal with the pain myself but I have a child to care for.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ..a decision to make.

All kids are gift from God and may sound easy to say "we will do whatever we need to". And all could be well and not having another child could make you feel.. resentful not right word...but...sad.

But sometimes life teaches as we go along. If you think you could cause damage to yourself and then consequences to the well being of your children and husband....you may want to appreciate what you do have and be able to continue with activity as your child's activity needs grow as child grows older.

All kids have something to deal with re' their parents. The window of their life is cracked from a word..to a parent neglect to leaving the home. Sometimes the words hurt and when we hurt more hurting words can come out of our mouth.

If we go away while still under the same roof and unable to do care for or play with our kids..that's not on purpose, we didn't choose pain, but still a stone's throw at their window..causing a crack.

My mom always felt her pregnancies in her back. She was miserable and always had a bad back...never disabled...but always in pain.

I would think your pre-eclampsia would have you being careful for different reasons than your spine.

All that to say...whatever you do..there is always help and ways around everything. Be happy and do the best you can. Even thinking about it makes you a great mom!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History