Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi, I new here

StarrylizardSStarrylizard Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in New Member Introductions
Again hello everyone. I am 28year old student, artist and wife. I've been married for 10 years this coming July. I injured my back in a car accident January of 2011. MRI showed my L5 S1 was herniated disc with sciatica pain down the right leg. Throughout last year I had the 3 steroid injections which the sciatica pain went to both legs and I have been seeing the Chiropractor for most of the year. I had ALIF surgery on Feb 9, 2012.
I don’t know if it is phantom pain but my legs have this dull but painful feeling in them and when I lay down my L5 S1 tail bone area hurts. Anyone else experience this weird pain after surgery? If so did it go away?

• Welcome, Starry. You've definitely come to the right place! My wife had surgery (fusion) and it took her nearly 6 weeks to be really back on her feet. Now, of course, every person is different and I'm only relaying 2nd hand experience. 2 weeks out from your surgery I'm not surprised you're still having pain. If it's really bad or is worrying you, you should contact your doctor.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it has been a short period of time since your surgery so give yourself some time to heal.. if your pain continues to be of concern, you should contact your surgeon..he needs to know what is going on with you!! when is your next visit with him? please have a look around the different forums and check out the "Recoveing from Surgery" forum for more input.. there is alot to learn and plenty of new friends here!! good luck on your recovery! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Hi Starry :H ,

Welcome aboard! Lots of great people and friends to talk to here. We're good listeners too. Not only are your trying to heal from the trauma of surgery, but also the trauma of a car accidedent. This ALL within a period of a little over a year. That's a lot to put your body through. I believe if you give yourself and your body more time (there's that word again) and rest, you will come along fine. Anything that does not seem right or feels wrong or different, I would not hesitate to call my doc. Please don't overdue. You can see my "Resume of Pain Game" by clicking below on Rassy's Story. Took me a while, but I finally learned that there are a lot of things around me that can just plain wait. World's not ending because my coffee table is dusty! Take care and please let us hear from you. Remember ... slow went the turtle that won the race :D ! Here's a big >:D< for warm wishes and happy thoughts.

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.