Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Failed Aspen Lanx INtrabody fusion more surgery. What do you all think?

dilynnddilynn Posts: 37
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Been to this forum for a while off and on. Thanks for all good advice. Now to the problem. Had an aspen cafe INtrabody fusion Just had a failed acdf and had revision surgery. Worked out fine. I asked Nuero if he could follow my lower back because surgery was done out of town. Agreed did a ct scan. Showed no fusion. Ordered MRI called today and they told me I had arthritis, knew that failed fusion. Knew that. Numerous pinched nerves and some spinal column compression. The only really new symptom I have is weakness in my knee. Some pain. Nothing unbearable. Don't always sleep well due to pain. Have some sciata. Again nothing I can't deal with. Compares to the posterior neck fusion.
The strange thing is that his nurse just. Came out and flat said dr. Recommends surgery and would I like to schedule now. I am an rn and I first want to find out what options. The dr is head of neuro surgery in area. He did a great job on my neck. So. I will make appt.
He wants to do just a one level L4 and L5 with instrumentation and cage placement. My big question is why am I not fusing. Haven't smoked in 5 years. Hmmm what do you guys think?
2007 ACDF C6 - C7
2010 Aspen Cage L4,L5 for Grade 2 Spondo and spinal stenosis
2011 Non-Union C6-C7, Revision Posterior fusion with hardware.
2012 Failed fusion of L4, L5. Revision L4, L5 Fusion with hardware.