Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can low back pain be caused from Cervical surgery/problems?

Disco DiDDisco Di Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Lower Back Pain
I have had ACDF C3-C6 in 2009. Now have bulging disc C7. Pain, burning, itching on spine. Tingling, numbness down ARM.

I also have horrible low back pain that has progressively gotten worse last couple years. Doctor did MRI . It came back pretty much negative. I asked my Dr and my pain Dr. if my low back problems could be caused from my neck problems?. They both said no. I have the same symptoms in my low back as my neck. Pain is running my life. I don't know what to do at this point. I need to work but my pain is so bad it is nearly impossible. Lots of inflammtion. Could I have possibility some type of neuropathy?

Chiropractor I used to go to told me Yes.
Anyone have any advice or answers? Please help

• Some of your lower back pain can be caused by different posture due to your neck issues. I now have lower back pain but do have a tear in (I think) L4-5. Never fun when pain interferes with life. I totally get it1
  • Frenchfri
    Sorry to hear of your tear in your lumbar. It must be painfull.
  • yes, definitly can. Ex father in law had neck surgury to be able to get feeling in his legs back again. So in some way all those nerves connected.
    Herniated T6-7, multiple herniations in cervical, tears in T5-T8. Stenois at levels and smorls nodes from thoracic thru lumbar
  • Anelsen 15
    Thank you for your reply. It depends on what kind of Dr you talk to. Chiropractors say yes, physical therapists say yes but MD's say no. I have an Appt with a Neuro end of March. Curious what he says
  • Well it was an MD, neurosurgeon that did the surgury on neck and he got feeling back and started walking again. Not first I heard of this either
    Herniated T6-7, multiple herniations in cervical, tears in T5-T8. Stenois at levels and smorls nodes from thoracic thru lumbar
This discussion has been closed.