Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

rmp67rrrmp67r Posts: 32
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:00 AM in Pain Medications
I have a delicate question about addiction. I have been in pain off and on since 2004 and off/on vicodin for that long. There was a period of time where I was careless with it but have learned my lesson and just want to take it regularly for pain. I took too many maybe as many as 6/day and my mind would race at night. ICK. Is it addiction because I actually crave them even though I don't act on it? It reminds me of smoking cigarettes even though I gave that up 25 years ago.

Neck pain since 2004.

• You could be an addict on anything if your intentions are to get 'high' rather than taking the medication as prescribed. As someone with addiction experience with opiods, trust me you want to consider seeing a psych who specializes in pain management and or addiction.

PM me if you wish to discuss further
  • If you crave them i would think you might have got hooked on it,

I been on it on and off changing to something else when it stops helping for 20 years now and i never have the crave for it,

When pain is not there you should not have need for it, And if you do take it when you have no pain you might even cause further injury to your neck and never would even know it,

I have severe chronic nerve pain and even after 20 years if at times i might take up to 6 in 1 day i can still tell its too much and aint helping the pain anyways so not worth it feeling sick from the medication,

I was given 6 a day after surgery, Good luck
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,