Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Q on C3-C7 bulging disks

SuziQ442SSuziQ442 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Recently had an MRI to rule out MS. Found I have "mildly bulging" c3-c7. Have long history of neck pain and problems for 30 years (since a car accident) and no one had done MRI previously. I have been dx over the years with RSDS (sensory nerve issue involving shoulders, hands and arms), carpal tunnel (which was found to not be during surgery), and fibromyalgia. Newer for me is the loss of balance, bladder and bowel problems and vertigo.

I was not able to move after the accident for 2 weeks due to pain. X-rays taken and dx with "whiplash". Was on gymnastics team before accident and had to quit as I lost all upper body strength.

Pain comes and goes over the years. Other symptoms include numbness and tingling in hands/fingers, unknown reason for swelling in forearms, tired achy limbs, achy pain/tight muscles on top of shoulders, sharp pain radiating into shoulder blade, sometimes "zingers" running down my arms, headaches at base of neck/lower skull and what feels behind eyeballs. Simple things like folding towels are sometimes simply not tolerated.

When the neuro found this he basically brushed it off as he felt it should not be causing any pain. My question is could all these problems over all these years be related to MRI findings? Could the findings individually maybe not cause this but with so many "bulges" could it be compounding the problem? Has anyone dealt with a neuro brushing off such findings?

Since I have lived with this issue for 30 years I tolerate it and take more meds than my father-in-law did with parkinson's -- however, wondering the best course of conservative treatment? What have others found to work best? Maybe I can get rid of some or all of these meds. Maybe I can even do some of the things I enjoy again.

I hate going to the doctor as over the years I have felt most of them think I am nuts. However, with this new finding I think it is worth considering the "bulges" and doing conservative treatment for them. Feedback please??