Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

patronizing drs

miss grumpymmiss grumpy Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Matters of the Heart
why cant my gp just explain what is going on with my cervical spine, instead of just smiling pleasantly and saying we need to get the results of the nerve tests now we have the results of the scan then we will know more. and the physio says "your consultant doesn't know why you only had one level fused when you needed two, and you have arthritis affecting the nerve routes all down the left cervical spine".and i say but what about working, and they say !why arnt you working" and i say !because im in so much pain, cant raise my right arm and my grip is so clumbsy and weak, im tired from the pain and from the drugs to help stop the pain,(which dont work.) and for heaven sake cant you fix me and stop this pain!" and they say "oooohmmm cant real help you till the results are back" big cheeeesy grin. i wanna knock out their teeth! "be a couple of months!" grinnnn.
Sorry folks just had to get it of my chest. x x
Tina .... :D :D :D :H bye

• Hi Tina I recentley went through the same problem you did with no answers, getting further testing ect. I finally consulted with another doctor that affirmed my issues immediately and is attempting a "game plan" instead of not giving me answers. The original surgeon didn't want to admit his mistake therefore I had no answers and they passed me off to pain management within their practice. Since they weren't in my surgery or knew what went wrong they didn't have correct answers. In my particular case the surgeon FORGOT a piece of disk when performing a fusion in my lumbar spine. It reherniated. The surgeon that performed the surgery knew this was the case because after consulting with the new surgeon I pulled my medical records and MRI's and CT scan's that revealed the disk. As the new surgeon found right away where the reherniation was on my MRI DVD I brough into him, it is at the nerve root where they performed surgery and the CT scan from June of 2010 said the same thing. That I had a reherniation. It was 6 months after the fusion surgery. He could have fixed it then if he would have fessed up to me. The only thing I can think is he was afraid to confess because of possible medical malpractice suite. Hey all I wanted was to get well, had they fixed it back then I'd not have been through 2 years of more destruction, pain and body altering meds. His pain mangement team wanted to implang a spinal cord stimulator as a treatment, had I went through with it I may have never found out why I has having all the issues I was.

My advice through all this (BTW thanks for reading this far LOL) Is PLEASE get a second opinion or third. Take the actual test you've had (not report) but CT Scan DVD or MRI DVD to another doctor that's highly rated and patient recommended. I found my new doctor on the healthgrades and vitals where patients talk about their take on the surgeon or doctor. I'd have to say had I not gone for the other opinion I'd be rather hopeless (at least that's how I was beginning to feel)

Now the new doctor provided me with access to an anestesiologist that gave me a transforminal selective nerve root block. He said if that helped, he would be able to go in and get the offending disk off of my nerve root. It worked like a CHARM it was the 1st time in years I've felt that good. I have hope finally.

Step outside of the box of doctors you're using if you're still in pain and don't have answers. I thought my surgeon was SO good, he has some of the top ratings here in my state. But even they can make errors. Additionally they have much more to lose when they have such a good reputation and are less likely to make their errors known.

Wishing you well, and able to find another doctor to look at your diagnositic information and exam you to give you a sound answer and plan in getting you back to a functioning level, best wishes.