Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ugh..

ChristineGCChristineG Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:01 AM in Pain Medications
I'm mildly upset. And I don't know where to turn to, to talk about this, I figure someone here can help me. I recently saw a pain management doctor (yesterday) and went through all the procedures that I've done/procedures that doctors are wanting to do to me soon. At the time I was taking medication Hydrocodone 750 1 pill daily. I was hoping he would have some insight to something I could do without medication.

What he wants to do and has done is put me on different medication. He took me off of the Hydrocodone, and put me on Morphine 15mg ER 1 twice daily am and pm. I don't want to be on this medication, but it seems I have no other choice. He says he doesn't want me to do anymore procedures considering my last one increased my pain. I am so upset having been put on another medication. I HATE the feeling I get on it. I can function normally, but I'm just in a haze. I want pain relief so bad, without the side effects. I'm really really upset right now. Is this what I need to do? Do I need to be on this for the rest of my life and discontinue procedures? Is this really the best idea?

I'm afraid of addiction. And I know that these pills can become habit forming. I just don't know what to do at this point. He's going to try something else on me, some injections in my lumbar area. So tell me, should I just let this happen? If I don't have any medication the pain is so strong and it makes me so limited. I'm sorry for this being so disorganized. They also want to put me on cymbalta but that'll be in time. IHATEMEDICATION. :[
advertisement

Comments

• I know how u feel honey. I am 41 and was in severe car accident when I was 17. I have had 3 surgeries, including two laminectomies and one spinal fusion. I hated pain mess too. I didn't take any mess except post surgeries until five years after my last surgery which was the spinal fusion. I was living with a pain level of 11 on a daily basis. I now take morphine sulfate er 60 mg 3x a day, roxicodone 15mg 4x a day, Baclofen 40mg a day, neurontin 900mg a day and elavil 50mg a day. I know my body is physically addicted and that to me was shameful. I felt like a heroin addict when I went thru withdrawal when I lost my pills after 3 days. The dr at the ER assured me it was nothing to be ashamed of as our bodies become addicted to opiates and when it's for pain, we cannot help it. I do not get high from my meds I just get enough pain relief so I don't want to jump off a bridge. If your in pain you must do what it takes to help yourself be out of pain. You might have to play around with doses until you find what works for you but hang in there. There are other meds besides opiates to help with pain that are not addictive. Please let me know how you do!!!