Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Howdy...just dropping by

turbo313tturbo313 Posts: 122
So, since May of last year I have had 2 bulging dics: L4/L5, L5/S1 causing me great deals of pain, sciatica, you name it. I finally got in to see a pain management doctor who has basically saved me.
I had my first epidural injection at the beginning of last month...it did nothing. Two weeks later he injected directly into the nerves coming out on the left sides of those dics. I could have done a backflip (if i knew how). It was the first time I was not in pain. The relief lasted almost 2 weeks, and started to come back.

Wednesday I had my first round of facet joint injections bilaterally. All I can say is so far so good. I am hopeful that with the injections I can finally lead a normal life again. I am still under strict restrictions, but at least I can move without collapsing from pain.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and let others know there is hope out there :)

• It's always refreshing to hear good news. I'm very happy that you're getting relief. What a great way to start the new year and thanks for sharing.
  • Hi Connie :H ,

Great news! Any time one can get relief from pain it's a winner for our side!!!! I hope it will continue to work for you. My issues are all with the cervical spine. Since 2007, I have tried several different types of injections with my pain management docs. Unfortunately, none of them offered any long term relief, so when I see they work for someone I am so happy for you!!!! I am on a regiment of pain meds that finally give me some relief. It took about the last 12 months of trying different ones to get here, but I made it. We'll all cross our fingers that your relief from pain continues. Keep us posted! Here's a >:D< for warm thoughts!

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.