Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

daily pain medication and pain level log

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in New Member Introductions
I am new to this forum and cannot seem to find what I am looking for. I am one month post op two level posterior lumbar fusion. I am having difficuly managing my medication schedule and also want to keep track of my pain levels. I have searched this site and the internet for a simple, daily printable or downloable form to manage my pain. Can anyone assist me?

• welcome to spine health. I would have sent you a PM but I couldn't.

I use a 7 day pain medication pill box and I also have a free pill reminder on my cell phone. I enter my medication dose & time and it has an alarm reminder that tells me when to take my pills. I am much more comfortable if I take everything when scheduled.

As for keeping trackof my pain, I found a form on line very similar to the form my PM uses and when I have a change or a spike I notate it on my form- date it, write in the time, what I was doing before, medication etc and keep them in a file next to my bed. When I see my PM or NS I can review the forms.

If there is a pattern and I have a genuin new real problem it will show in my forms and we will address

I had PLIF l4-5-s1 7/28/2008 it was really brutal but was fantastic for my low back. I would do it again for my low back if I needed to. Sure it took a good 3 months to heal enough to go back to work (easy non physical job).

I hope that helps :)

• Hmmmm I might design an excel spreadsheet.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • peaceandlove Hi :wave: & welcome to SH. What a great idea. I am surprised it is not here. I will contact the admin and ask him if it is and we just don't know about it.

Hopefully (hint hint lol) Donna will work her tech magic and make us one ;)

Donna - if you do PLEASE let me know. That would be a great/helpful tool to have :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck on a complete recovery!! i hope you are able to get a good grasp on your meds and pain levels soon..as you can see, you have some spineys already thinking about the problem!! stop by anytime, the forum can make a long day go by a lot faster, especially during recovery!! Jenny :)