Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back problems

M7KMM7K Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in New Member Introductions
Okay well I'm new to this whole website but it looked perfect for me. I was in a car accident a couple years ago and suffered a lower back injury. I still have problems now. I've gone through physical therapy, gone to multiple different doctors, 2 rounds of cortizone injections in my spine with no positive result and just flat out resting. I have degenerative disc disease and a bulging disc right now. I've worn down everything in between my L4 and L5 disc so it's constant discs grinding bone on bone. I'm constantly in pain and get pain in my butt and legs and numbness in my legs from time to time. I'm an active athlete so naturally this has been really hard on me. I have been offered a scholarship to play at the next level and I love this sport and it's my life but my back just keeps getting worse and worse. The only step left is surgery and that is the last thing doctors want because of my age but they're pretty certain I will need surgery no matter what at some point in my life. I'm so torn, either to worry about my back and health or try and stick it out and continue to do what I love. If anyone has any opinions please go ahead. :) Thanks!