Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Complications after 2nd ACDF

mikesplace0621mmikesplace0621 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Ok, I am not sure how to ask this question. I have had 2 cervical spinal surgeries, on 12/27/07 and 1/29/09. I have had chronic pain ever since. Throughout this, even though the injury was located at c5-c7, I have had pain in my upper left back just below the left shoulder blade that shoots through to my left pectoral and into the underarm are almost like a arrow shot through me. I have been ruled out as having and heart conditions or a heart attack and this started just after my first surgery but the doctors do not see any connection. It is usually accompanied by a sharp pain in my left neck and tightness in my shoulder, bicep and elbow. My left index finger and thumb have been usually dead to the touch, but when this occurs, the pain is so overwhelming I get heart palpitations and shortness of breath. I get extreme sharp pains through the nerve and the "dead" fingers. Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions? 4 years of chronic pain is difficult to bear, and when you ask your doctors for the pain meds that work, they treat you like a drug addict.

Mike
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry to hear that you are still in pain. Your pain seems consistent with the levels you had surgery. I had an ACDF at C5-C6 and I still have intermittent pain in the shoulder blade, collar bone, chest, shoulders and biceps. Pain still shoots to the fingers . Have you had PT?
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches