Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ulnar nerve

catccat Posts: 29
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had acdf c8t1 10 months ago with good results. one week ago I had to have cardiac xrays for high blood pressure. The x ray required my left arm to be over my head for 10 minutes during 2 sets of x rays. My heart is fine and am now on blood pressure meds. However, I am now feeling more tingling in that arm and hand and am worried I have reinjured my ulnar nerve. Has anyone experienced an onset of symptoms like this and do you think it will resolve itself. It's been a week. Should I do my regular stretches and exercises? thanks so much for any reassurance. Cat

• I had something somewhat similar during an mri. Both lower arms went completely, painfully numb. The right arm went back to normal almost right away after the mri was done. My left arm numbness and pain kept coming and going until my doc finally sent me to a neurologist(sp), where they did an emg on both arms. I ended up having a left ulnar transposition.(They moved the nerve so that it wasn't pinched any more.)

At any rate if I was you, if you don't see any improvement fairly soon, I'd see a doctor to get it checked out.

There are stretching exercises that can help alot, just google ulnar exercises and it will show you lots. I've been doing these on my right arm and was re-tested and the new emg show considerable improvement without having to have surgery.
  • Thanks, Gary for your reply....I'm pretty sure my problem is the ulnar nerve from the neck surgery...this nerve runs through the shoulder and I think it got pinched again with my arm up....I'm just not sure if it will recover as it's been a week. Cat
  • I know I was glad mine didn't come from the neck or shoulder this time. I've had enough surgery on my neck! If you think this is coming from your neck or shoulder, I think I'd get in to see the doc soon. It's probably nothing bad but no sense taking chances.
  • Im in horrible'agonizing pain and the medical comunity won't help me.I have severe osteoporosis 39 yr old man,thay won't fuse 2 plus yrs. anybody got any good doctors and pain control? Im currently with midwest spine and maps .
    Im in m.n. centeral. just wont "work"with me!