Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

return of pain

UnicatUUnicat Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had a C4/C5 fusion 4 years ago which relieved the excrutiating pain but left me with a still significant amount of pain, so then had a foramyotomy 3 years ago which has meant that although every now and again the pain kicked in I have to a certain extent been able to forget about it whilst still being sensible about not pushing things too far.
At the time I was told that another disc was damaged but then it wasn't brought up again. The reason for my post is the pain is now back and appears to be getting worse, it is all down my left shoulder and arm again with tingling and cramping and my neck is crunching. Being referred for another MRI to see what is going on but wondered what others opinions are about having 2 fusions, how much it restricts movement? Not at the stage where I can't cope with the pain yet although am a bit fed up of living on pain killers again, but if the alternative is worse don't want to go down that route.

• I hope the MRI gives you more information. I can't talk about a repeat MRI, but a couple months out of my ACDF I had strong pain down my left shoulder and down my arm. My surgeon examined me and determined that my muscles were inflamed and pushing on or pinching the nerves.

I have no idea if this could be a possibility for you, but I wanted to let you know my experience.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Hi Karen....what did your surgeon advise you to do when he thought muscles were pushing on nerves?