Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

l4 l5 decompression laminectomy diskectomy and anterior posterior fusion

wvlnelwwvlnel Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:01 AM in Depression and Coping
this is the first surgery ive ever had. i read some of these post and really dont hear any positive answers. has anyone had a L4 L5 decompression laminectomy diskectomy and anterior posterior fusion and thought you were glad you did it? My pain it bearable when im just laying around the house but if i sit or stand for more than a hour it just gets worse and worse. just not sure if i should even bother. any info will be appericated btw the disc is degenerative and herniated.
advertisement

Comments

• sounds like we have a similar situation going on. My surgeon has suggested fusion and the laminectomy at L4 L5. The fusion would be at L5 S1 I have chosen to go with the least invasive first and see how I feel. I am having the laminectomy this Friday. Hoping that will be enough pain relief without the fusion for now.
  • had surgery 2 weeks ago, also my first major surgery, i am 65. i was having pain down left leg and severe knee pain could not stand or walk far without pain. i have no pain now feel i am doing ok. everything i have read says it will be a long recovery but so far i am really glad i did it.