Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Opana News?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Pain Medications
I've been on Opana for the past several years and have had zero problems getting that or the generic Oxymorphone.

Today, I went to refill Opana at the Hospital pharmacy and was told that the manufacturer has stopped making this and that they were not going to carry it anymore.

I went to 5 different pharmacies today and they all said the same thing.

Finally, I found a pharmacy that did carry it.

I think the problem is with the manufacturer. The Opana (Oxymorphone) I have been getting along is from the ENDO Labs and is a blue pill.

The one I got today is from the Roxane Lab, a subsidiary of Boehringer Ingelheim, and is a tiny white pill.

Cost to me is the same ($10 copay) but it looks like I will need to switch pharmacies

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• As I'm sure you know, not all generic pain medication is created equally. I've discussed this with pharmacist's in the past and gotten a couple answers. One such is the fillers are different, etc. I've built up tolerance much faster with some generic brands faster than others. I cannot speak about Opana, I've never taken it.

I can say that Roxane Labs is one of the companies that makes good generic medicine in my experiences. Endo Labs is another 'good' one. I use this term loosely because there seems to be no good reason why one generic of the supposed same medicine is better than another. Another thing I've noticed is some of the generics are more dense than others. Maybe this could be another cause? Who knows...

I hope you get your medicine taken care of and best wishes. Here's an article I found in regards to Endo Opana -

I appreciate the information, however I had to remove the link. The source copyright statement clearly said that it could not be broadcast, among other restrictions

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 03/08/12
  • This was information that I found...

Roxane has oxymorphone immediate-release tablets on intermittent back order and the company estimates a release date of mid-March, 2012.

Endo has all oxymorphone, Opana, and Opana ER presentations on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.