Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

radiculopathy, sciatica,etc, an introduction

omabluebirdoomabluebird Posts: 36
I am new here. I attempted to post a long story about my problems. It disappeared, I think I posted it as a reply rather than a new post. So this is a test. It takes me a long time to post on this device so I want to be sure I did it right.

I posted an introduction in February and just recently noticed I had a private message from a chiropractor responding to something I said in my intro. He scolded me for taking pain meds.

• Sorry to hear about your pain issues. I don't think it was right for a so called Chiropractor, if it really was one that sent you a PM.
    Contact the Administration find Ron Dilauro and his team under FAQ at the top of the page, so they can follow this disturbing post up.

No one here can tell you anything what your Dr. ordered for you especially someone's who's not a Medical Dr. especially someone who doesn't know you personally like your Dr. Anyone on the internet can call themselves a Medical person so really don't listen to them. No one can give medical advice except your own Doctor. We're here to support each other. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Arthritis, severe stenosis L1-S1, epidurals helped for three years until last fall. Leg and buttocks pain: shooting, stabbing, burning.

I usually have a high pain threshold but have recently surrended and asked for pain meds. I can't take nsaids so have been taking tylenol. I had to wait 5 weeks to get into the clinic of my choice --university of Iowa spine center. I took vicodin for two weeks before my appointment.

At the appointment they took xrays and started me on neurontin. They gave me some exercises and an order for physical therapy. They suggested that I use ice frequently. I am scheduled for another mri this week.

I haven't been satisfied with the local PT in my small town so I made an appointment at a private place for this week.

I was on vacation for the last two weeks, I have ramped up my dosage of neurontin, talked to the arnp and she approved my taking more.

I think the worst part is the extreme shooting leg and hip pain that leaves the muscles aching for hours. I dread getting in bed at night because my legs really hurt.

I am supposed to go back to the spine center in mid April not sure why they made the appointment so far away. I may try to see if I can go sooner after they get my mri results.

I have always thought that back surgery would not be something I longed for but I am currently looking forward to discussing it with my doctor who is listed as one of the top spine surgeons in the country.

I am having lots of fun with auto correct on my kindle fire. I hope I caught them all but probably did not.

Susan. My grandson's Oma!
  • Thanks Charry, I did pm Ron.