Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Desperately Unhappy

julie47jjulie47 Posts: 104
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Depression and Coping
I am not looking for pity with this post, but I feel so desperately unhappy.

Nothing brings me delight anymore, and I feel hollow and empty inside.

Tomorrow, I am scheduled for 2 job interviews @ the same company. After 3 years of unemployment and many interviews that were unsuccessful, the 2 tomorrow just seem like 2 more interviews. I don't even feel excited about them.

All I seem to want to do anymore is lie in bed whether or not I actually sleep.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    I can understand why you are down.. But if anytime, right now is to pick yourself up and go for those interviews as if they were the last jobs on the face of the earth.

Having a job, keeping busy, sometimes is very good medicine for all of us.

As far as the empty hollow feelings... What was it last that filled you with joy and made you dance with the stars?

Find that and you can do it again and again and again
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Julie:

So many of us on this forum share your feelings. I am one. It is absolutely normal considering the absolutely abnormal physical condition that we experience.

As best you can, approach the interviews with a positive attitude. You never know what's possible.

Good luck.

• Hi Julie. How did your interviews go?
    Winter is a hard time for me and I have to make a huge effort to keep myself busy, otherwise I get into a rut that scares me senseless. It's been a rough winter here even with mild temperatures.

Thinking of you & wishing you well.
  • Julie, I notice you come here and help others that is a special gift you have, I wish I could have done that, you need to show me how, knowing you are unhappy and expressing it here is important for you and us, we are here to help in all our knowledge, understanding and care, try to focus on the things you can change, start small and make success your objective.

Have you spoken to your doctor, the words you use infer you have been feeling like this for some time so well done in asking for help.

What can we do for you ? how did it go today.
    Take care and good luck, keep posting.