Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Pain, Back Surgery, and Pain Problem and the list goes on

NoraJeanNNoraJean Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in New Member Introductions
My name is NoraJean, new to the forum, I had surgery, posteriar lateral arthosdesis L4-L5 with rod and 4 screws.
Lumbar spine stenosis, degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, fibromyalfia, disc bulge/bone spur at T11-12, L2-3, L3-4. Facet joint osteoarthritis. Also bone spurs in both hands and feet. Anxiety and major depression. Glad I found this forum to have other people to talk to that live with what I live with everyday, the pain, the meds, crying because to can no longer do the things u loved to do.
I am 49 yrs old, had surgery in Sept. 08 and have not been the same since, lots of meds, shots, injections, cane, scooter. I never dreamed this is were I would be in my life, if you call what I have a life, yes I am alive. In pain day in day out, never leaving home without my bag of mrds. My life and my famlies lives have changed from being active to just nothing and it is all my fault, my bodies fault. I miss working, I misss riding bikes, I miss hiking, camping. But I do have one thing, a very loving and supportive family that helps me every day, I love them and God blessed me with them. Thanks for reading this

• Hi and Welcome to Spine Health. Sorry to hear that you struggle so much in life every day. It is fantastic that your family stands by you through thick and thin! Do you still have decent medical coverage? Do you see a doc on a regular basis? What is the prognosis given to you by your doc? Have you tried any alternative therapies?

Just know that this forum community is here and is a place to ask questions, share triumphs and to cry on shoulders when needed.

Kindest Regards,

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you dropped in! it is indeed a struggle on a daily basis when we live with pain.. i hope that being around others who feel as you do will help you to feel a bit better.. you will find such a supportive community of spineys here. please drop by anytime, there is always someone around!! Jenny :)