Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lack of skin sensation

Rad1234RRad1234 Posts: 24
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello All,
Im Wondering if anyone else suffers from lack of skin sensation over any area of their cervical spine and what it means?
I have congenital fusion of c-5/6 and am told I will need 2 level fusion, Im having nerve root block injections Monday.
Silly me mentioned the lack if skin sensation to my neurosurgeon as I was leaving and he just gave me an odd look! !! I had this problem for over a year now.... Any advice, comments, questions are welcome :)

I hope your having a pain free day
Rachel xxx
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,617
    I have an area on my left hand (middle finger to pinky) that has no sensation on the top of the hand.
    From post surgical and before.

The front of both of my thighs I have reduced or sometimes no feeeling (or sometimes they burn or a get pin prick feelings) No Lumbar surgery yet - documented blown disc that yawoooza!! Just flared up again .... I can hardly walk and chew gum at the same time. (ha ha ouchie)!!

Neurosurgeon are famous for odd looks .... don't take it personally!!

Hope you feel better,

d
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • I can't believe I've found someone else with the same issue... I've got 2 broken thoracic vertebrae and 6 herniations (thoracic); just to the left of T6, on my skin, I have almost no sensation.... rather it's a very bizarre sensation. It feels as though it itches but when I get around to scratching it, it feels really cold. Whatever it is, it's new and it's making me crazy.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,940
    edited 11/30/2015 - 7:24 AM
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• had a full c1 to c7 and skull attached to spine with rods and screws 3 months ago, whole back of head from about c3 to top of head was numb, now its a spot about 6 inches around from about 3 inches from top of scar to just above the back of the miami collar im wearing, my NS says its from all the halo screws and anesthetic used in my surgery, he also said that it should go away over time, may take a year or so or it may not go away at all. evidently the abuse to your neck during this type of surgery is intense, just glad i have a good NS who is up front with all that is going on, takes the spookiness out of the changes that are happening during the healing process, Im good with all that is going on, just feels weird. hope you are doing well stay safe and take care.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.