Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post Lumbar Fusion

kekej7252kkekej7252 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am new to this site,Thank you for having me. I would like to ask a 2 year post lumbar fusion question. In 2008 I had a Laminectomy, Discectomy at L4-5,L5-S1.Then in 2010 I had Lumbar fusion at L4-5.I cannot be on my feet for more than 10 minutes, then my lower back, sciatic area both left and right area, and my right outer thight becomes numb and burning starts in my right outer thigh. I also have permanent loss of sensation to touch in my left outer thigh.
My question, is there any hope that I will ever be able to be on my feet for a extended period of time again? Since my surgery I have had 4 epidurals, and I am currently receiving trigger point injections. Neither have given me relieve for more than 10 days. I also take Gabapentin and a pain med. Thank You for your responses.

• i am 2.5 years past the same surgery that you had (lumbar fusion L4-L5-S1). i woke up from surgery with continued numbness and pain in the ball of the foot and big toe. it has gotten better since the surgery. i am getting less sharp stabs into the big toe and the numbness changes in degrees of numbness if that makes any sense. lol. i was not able to be on my feet after surgery for very long either, but that too has improved. so i guess, yah, i have been getting better since. activities like lifting, bending, sweeping and vaccuuming brings on intense sickening pain after about 3 minutes, so i get someone to do my housework for me.

i was severely despondent at one time, and i am not now, so obviously there has been a change in my situation. remember that every one of us is different and we respond differently to surgeries and we heal differently. i just told you my story. i wish only the best for you,