Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Involuntary Movements

rhino18rrhino18 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello all. I am going to the doctor (again) tomorrow but was curious if anyone might share my experience.

I am 24 and have a desk job. I work on cars when the weather is nice. Well, last week I started getting a band around my right side that felt like a sunburn--right around my middle on just the right side. And another wrapping under my armpit, and another around upper leg. I went to the doctor and they ran some tests to check for infection and that was clear, I tried some benadryl in case it was allergy, but that didn't do anything. Which left a herniated disc in the neck as the next possibility.

The sunburn feeling/skin sensitivity hasn't change in two weeks (hence the second doctor visit tomorrow) and I noticed why my thumb involuntarily moves--whenever I look downward my thumb just involuntarily moves. Anyone experience this?

• I'm only guessing here and some is based on some of my own experiences. When the nerve in my neck first pinched I had burning searing pain from my neck to my finger tips. So, when you say a burn like feeling that's what it reminds me of. The other thing is the involuntary moving. I'm not sure what kind of movement you've got but, I can tell you for myself.. I get a lot and I mean a LOT of twitching and spasms in the same 3 places. These are things that seem to be due to a pinched nerve in my neck. I hope that helps somehow. Good luck!