Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe Spondylosis and Stenosis at multple levels.

autumneveaautumneve Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I was recently diagnosed via MRI with DDD,DJD,severe spondylosis and stenosis of multiple levels of the spine with all lumbar discs herniated as well as cervical and thoracic discs. So much for being a hard working hands on nurse for over 30 years, but I loved it. Neurosurgeons will not operate so I am left with trying to manage the pain I live with daily. Due to the pinched nerves in the lumbar area I have terrible pain in the buttocks. I have bought many different cushions over the past 15 years but none work for my situation. I have the ones with the open area for the coccyx but it is too hard for the buttock pain.I have paid a lot of money for ones that do not help at all. I am currently using 2 bed pillows when I sit but they do not do a lot. My question is does anyone else have this pain (all other pain aside for the moment) and what do you use to alleviate this type of pain? Thanks for any help, Jean

• I have a lot of butt pain due to similar issues, though only lumbar disc issues. I have worked with a great pt who gave me exercises that have helped a lot. You might look for a pt or online for those. The thing that has helped me most has been exercises in a swimming pool. I don't swim but just get in water where I don't touch bottom and use foam barbells and just exercise every way you can think of.

Other suggestions are:
    ice packs, mine says don't sit on it but I do,
    a foam wedge pillow under my knees
    for the bed I also use it in my recliner I ordered mine from amazon.com only $30
    neurontin (gabapentin) I assume you are on pain killing drugs.