Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

bad fusion.

miss grumpymmiss grumpy Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi iv had my nerve conducting test today the guy doing it said he could see the damage the fusion has done to the nerves causing the problems to my right arm, im not sure if this means that it is a failed fusion, and can be repaired or is it permanent and i ll never be able to raise my arm out to the side. has anyone else experienced this.? and did a further op help them?

• How can the nerve conduction test show that the damage is from the fusion? Is it because you had one done before surgery for comparison? Did your fusion take? Speak with your surgeon about your concerns.

Sorry that I can't give you much advice on if you need another operation, but if you still haven't fused you probably will need to. My left shoulder is definitely weaker than my right and I have to continually do PT to keep the strength up. Have you tried PT and does it help?
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • the guy doing the nerve test said he can tell the problem is coming from the fusion site, by the electrical signals he was recording, he placed a needle into various point in my hand and up my arm and behind my shoulder. the bone its self has fused my op was a couple of years ago, and iv never been out of pain or been able to raise my arm the signals are just not getting through.
  • Did you ever get a new MRI done after fusion to see if there's still nerve impingement at that level or at another level? Surgery won't help if there's no compression on the nerves.
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches