Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Found out what is wrong!!!

djordan391ddjordan391 Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Lower Back Pain
:SS Okay! The time has come to tell results from 3rd mri!!

I know what is causing 'This Pain!" I have a reherniation of L5-S1 that is hitting my right side nerve root! Sooo, I guess I'm not crazy! Thank Gosh! I'm going to wait a few weeks see if mother nature does anything to help it and if not.....back to surgery I go! Also have some bursitus in lower back as well....Thanks to all who read my story and cared enough to responed! I am greatfull to have this forum to go to for support!!! >:D<

• Hey djordan391,

Well, as you said, at least you know you are not going nuts. There is an actual reason for your pain. Sorry it is a reherination :( . Hopefully Mother Nature WILL lend some assistance in your healing so you can avoid another surgery. I will keep my fingers crossed for you as you and your "Spine-Health Family" >:D< all wait and see together :SS . We are all here pulling for you. Yes, this is a wonderful site for understanding and support from ALL of your Spinies :D . Stay srong and keep us posted on your progress. >:D<

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.
  • While you wait for Mother Nature and see if you need surgery, look into giving Mother Nature a little helping hand.

Ask you doctor if he or she reccomends a lumbar epidural steroid injection. I have had several and the general rule is you can 3 and if that doesn't work, then consider surgery.
  • Hopefully mother nature will help you along :-)

My neuro told me surgery should be an absolute last ditch consideration due to the fact that you can still reherniate after surgery. No doctor in his right mind should offer an op unless it's absolutely necessary

Discs do get better although I know they can take an awful long time.

What's the point - if you have a bulge - they cut the bulge off - leaving the disc open to leak and/or develop scar tissue.

Surgery should be saved for times when the nerves are at real risk of damage like cauda equine syndrome

If the disc has actually split and an extruded piece is pushing on a nerve and causing potential long term problems then I understand it needs to be done. But then I had an extruded piece of disc ramming into my nerves in 2009 and it did get better on its own eventually.

I still have a large bulge but it has healed to an extent - I still get excruciating pain in both legs at times but I would rather cope with pain I know than possibly cause myself worse pain and nerve problems by having an unnecessary surgery.

Believe me I know it can be agonising but surgery is not a cure for everyone. Simply a short cut to relief which can turn out badly.

I don't want anyone to think I'm being critical of anyone who chooses surgery - I just think sometimes people jump in thinking it's a cure

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.