Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Skelaxin/Metaxalone 800mg

Cherry2012CCherry2012 Posts: 7
For the painful cramp/spasm in my leg, my GP rx'ed Metaxalone 800 mg. which is generic version of Skelaxin 800 mg. four times per day.

For the past two days, I cut the pill in a half by using a pill-cutter and took four times per day since the 800 mg. per day seems awful dosage for me as seeing cramp/spasm occurs only once a week or so. Also, my legs appears 'tired' for some reason. btw, I'm NOT over-weight person, average-weight all in my life.

It works good, .... but I feel pretty medicated to the point where I want to lay down on the couch in the middle of day.

If any of you have an experience taking this med., Skelaxin, I truly appreciate any thoughts on this med.

• Hi, I had ADCF 8 weeks ago and started off taking Valium for muscle tightness/spams but am now taking the skelaxin. I must have quite the tolerance, as I am taking twice a day and it doesn't wipe me out. Although I am not sure it helps so am going to go off of it and see what happens.