Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic back pain

AlexcocoAAlexcoco Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in New Member Introductions
I am a 40 yr old female who has had spinal fusion @l5s1 with 4 3 inch titanium screws. That was 8.5 yrs ago. I have reinjured my back several times but think I really hurt it three weeks ago in the Tspine. I had a MRI done yesterday. I live on pain pills and muscle relaxers. Nobody understands my pain unless they have lived it themselves. Just looking for some support.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have come to the very best place for support when it comes to chronic pain!! you are no longer alone..spineys make some of the most understanding friends you can have!! please have a look around and make yourself at home. stop by anytime and keep us informed!! i am sure much more will get done once your MRI is diagnosed and explained to you! good luck! Jenny :)
  • Thank you for the response! I have already found many interesting topics that have helped me. The Letters to Friends and Family and the Letters to Normals brought me to tears. I also posted it on Facebook and let them know that I found it on Spine Helaths website. The response was overwhelming. I have not let the tears flow as hard as I did yesterday in a very long time. The facade of looking fine is wearing thin. No one wants to hear how you are really feeling so you put on the happy face. It opened up a lot of people telling their own personal experiences about pain. I told people I wish everyone would be kind and understanding to each other as life is hard enough without people harassing each other for many reasons.
    So anyhow I'm excited to get to know some people like me and to learn and grow and to be involved the best I can with improving my back and/or learning to deal with it for the rest of my life.

Thanks again!