Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone tried the 'Banana Chair'?

Mrs_WoodyMMrs_Woody Posts: 46
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Lower Back Pain

I am considering buying a banana chair from the original bana chair company and wondered if anyone had any success with them. They are £400 and can't afford to waste it if it's no good!

I have large bulge at L5-S1 and sciatica in the left leg

Amanda x

• looks very comfortable

please do let us know how comfy it is, ill be interested in getting one of these in my room too
  • I assume not then lol

Well I am going to buy one anyway - there's one on eBay

Will post when I get it to let you know how comfy it is in case anyone else is interested in getting one.

It allows you to recline fully into a zero gravity position so hoping it will help me to be able to sit instead of laying on my front on the floor!

Amanda x
  • I will do

Hoping to have it by Wednesday :-)

The Varier zero gravity chairs look good too but at £1760 they are a bit steep!

There's one of those on eBay too but it's a 6 hour drive from me and they won't courier it so no way of getting it :-(

• Chair arrived Tuesday and I found it quite uncomfortable for the first couple of days - seemed to make my legs ache more

But, after that it they settled down and I must say it is very comfortable. Maybe it was my muscles getting used to being in a different position

Reclining completely backwards makes me feel a bit woozy though so only doing it for a few minutes at a time lol

Definitely worth a try if you can't find a comfy chair. I tried normal armchair style recliners but still found them uncomfortable

Very few around 2nd hand but there is one on Gumtree in Essex for £150

Amanda x
  • cool, im in essex myself might have to take a look at that

I wonder if it would be comfortable to sit on when using a laptop?
  • Hi

I sit and use my iPad in mine and it's great. It's easily adjusted to sit right up or lay back so you can get to a comfy position

I have been using it every evening and must say after the initial achy legs it does seem to help. I'm not nearly as stiff when I stand up out of it as I am in a normal chair :-)

The lady from gumtree in Essex sent me pictures of hers (I asked if she still had it before I got mine off eBay) and its not quite the same - the seat itself is the same but the straps are different so not quite sure if it's an older version

Before I got mine I spoke to the guy at the banana chair company - he was very helpful and offered to lend me a chair for a week to see how I got on with it (as long as I paid carriage) handy that u can try before you buy

They are £360 new but I only paid £175 for mine hardly used so not bad. Keep an eye out on eBay

Amanda x
  • Hi I am not sure if you got round to buying a chair? If. Of I have one which I bought two years ago (it was not new). I had broken my leg and as a result of the full plaster I had lots of lower back pain due to my sleeping position. The chair was excellent and is really comfortable. I am now going to sell it as I no longer have much space. If you wanted to buy it I would sell it for 50 pounds. I live near Hereford. Hope this helps
    And hope your back is not too painful now
This discussion has been closed.