Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

after C7 and C6 ACDF surgery healing process

darby1967ddarby1967 Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am about 48 hours out of ACDF disectomy fusion of c7 and c6. Wondering if the pain I am having in the center of the back between the shoulder blades is normal and from spaziming muscles. Hot showers are helping to relieve it, as well as ice packs. taking pain and muscle relaxers but can not lay down to sleep without getting very stiff. After surgery had immediate relief from the shooting pain down the left arm. But now feel like there is pain again there. Wondering if I could have turned wrong and messed something up in the center of the back of the neck or if this is part of the healing that results from the muscles somewhat being disturbed from the surgery overall. the pain comes and goes and hope that its just par for the course...its different than what I had beofre the surgery so I know the surgery worked, I am thinking its just part of the healing...??? Stretching seems to relieve too. The hip is very tender where they took out bone to replace the disc. Walking is not too bad once I got over the first day. Seems like the heavey pain med from surgery once it faded and the prescribed meds and relaxers are adminisered maybe they are not as strong and thus this is just normal healing/pain associated with the surgery in general? I tend to hold alot of stress along the back shoulder blades too thus thinking this is an exaggerated pain resulting from the surgery? comments? similar experiences?