Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

samanthamora09ssamanthamora09 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
I have been through physical therapy and steroid joints and the anti inflammatory meds. My insurance would only let me get three physical therapy visits tho so I have no way of knowing if that would have ever worked. All I know is that its not an option now and steroid shots became the next option which I got one last week in the right side. My doctor keeps saying there are no other options but that. He says there's no surgical options but I read on the internet all the time about fusing the joints. Why wouldn't my doctor want to give me that option? So far these shots are not doing me any good. I'm still in pain. I don't know what to do.

• Hi Samantha :H ,

Welcome to Spine-Health. You've found a great site with super people whom will listen to and give you support. We'll try to answer your questions.

First, it would be helpful if you could give us some history about your injury/issue ... location, how long you have been dealing with it, procedures you have gone through, info of this nature. There is a location in your account to insert medical history, if you so choose. When one member clicks on another member's name, you are able to view the home page of that member, which shows this info. Click on "Rassy's Story" below and you will see what I mean.

Secondly, surgery is one of the LAST option when treating pain and its causes, especially a fusion surgery. There are other options that will be explored before that decision is made.

Are you seeing a Family Doctor or a Pain Management Doctor? Can you get some medication to help with your pain? Have you looked into assistance from your State Health Insurance Programs? Some states offer financial assitance based on their requirements to qualify.

Again Welcome to the Spine-Health Family. I hope my comments have helps a little. Please keep us updated on your progress and what's going on with you. Stay strong >:D<

Rassy's Story
    Under House Arrest Without the Ankle Bracelet :-)
    The remarks I make are strictly my own based on my personal experiences.
  • Well, I don't need any more information to give you my suggestions.

I have had several of the same kind of shot you received. I was told it takes 7-10 days to reach full peak of effectiveness. You are generally allowed to have three per year.

There are very few spinal conditions which cannot be addressed by surgery. If you have 3 shots without significant improvement, ask your doctor about having surgery.

In the experience I have had with lower back problems, I have come to believe that it is usually better to have surgery first and then try the more conservative treatments after that.