Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi from a newbie

JoQJJoQ Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, stumbled upon this site while researching back problems online. I've had a quick read through some posts and feel very stupid not knowing any if the technical terms ha!
My name is Jo, I'm 37 and married with 2 rugrats (10 and 2)
I've had lower back pain on and off since my first child was 6 months old and my back went into spasm and there was "some disc trauma" I was serving in the army at the time and believe it was due to me going into full physical activity after returning from maternity leave. My lower back has "gone" a few times over the years but I've just cracked on with normal life and rested when it happened. Four months ago my lower back pain felt a lot better than ever snd then I started to get excrutiating pain in my buttock and thigh on my right side. After 6 weeks struggling I decided to go to my GP who noticed that I was standing with my back leaning to one side. I was referred to urgent physio and given painrelief. Had my first physio today - she has said that my muscles down my back on right side have wasted, my right hip is higher than my left and that she thinks there has been a disc injury. Just waiting now for GP to refer me to orthopaedics (?!) AnyOne else have similar story?

• Hi

I'm new too. Found the site like you.

From my experience... I just have to tell you to ask your Doctor what tests are available to diagnose your injury find exactly what your problem is. Remember they work for you. If they are not doing all thay can. Fire them and find someone who will.

I started with a GP telling me I'd heal. Such along story followed........ The end was medical retirement TPD. 6 1/2 years of going aorund in circles. Finally found the right surgeon for me and all the right tests. Very serious injury.

I am now 4 weeks post op ALIF surgery. From the moment I woke up I knew I had been given a life back... Oh and I now called med retirement "The Gift" so all good there.

So don't be led around like I was. Educate yourself and tell them what you want done.

Good luck with your journey and may it be a short one.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. thank you for your service.. i am sorry you recieved an injury while serving. have a good look around the forum and make yourself at home! we are a very friendly group of spineys.. i do hope you recive an appointment before to long.good luck as you search for pain relief! Jenny :)