Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Work Comp / back to work / back to home

MyNameIsMudMMyNameIsMud Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:01 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everybody.

I suffered a work comp accident early in the year and just recently was my first day back to work. Until work, I was on temporary total disability. State is California. On the first day back to work I could not stand the pain in my lower back and neck and had requested to go home for the rest of the day.

I can not make it through even a half day of work with just the pain meds alone. After 1-2 hours, I am suffering and have to lay down with the heat pad or ice.

What can be done and what can I expect with work comp?

I would really appreciate anyone who has been through something similar.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ...I'm not really sure, but I didn't notice what is your injury...if you had surgery?? Are you seeing a pain management doc for the pain meds??

But for going back to work and still hurting, sounds like your body telling you that you are not ready to go back to work.

Also, depending on your work, the pain meds could cause impairment..you know with thoughts and reflexes.

All that to say, I would go back to doc and explain...still hurting!

good luck to you!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi

Not sure if things are different in California.
    Over here down under....The work comp job is total focus on getting people back to work and closing case which is titled 'Stable and stationary'. My version is 'As good as it gets.'
    If you can't work don't work. Get back to your GP and take control. Consider a graduated return to work plan if you are able and your job is important to you.
    Get all tests done to accurately diagnose your injury. Don't let them close your case until you know you have been taken care of medically. Being compensated fairly will depend on this.
    Been there ....Been a victim.....

Good luck